Even The Man got intrigued

"When creating bracing lines, would it be an acceptable solution to put piles on the outside wall of the lounge and the kitchen so that part of the kitchen sits on cantilevered joists?"

I just wrote that sentence on my school's assessment forum, looking for other students' input on how to solve a problem, and it occurred to me that if someone had shown me this sentence three months ago, I would've gone, "Huh?"

The fact that I even UNDERSTAND what the heck it means, let alone that I HAVE WRITTEN IT MYSELF, gives me a little kick.

Why? Because it means that for all the puffing and grunting I am sometimes doing (yeah, and wanting to throw my middle finger up the face whoever wrote the damn course book), I am actually learning stuff.

It sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment