A bit of a rant. "A bit"

Oh. Come. On!

Find a way for your wife to get to all these medical appointments without you or find another job.

Charming. These guys are f*cking charming.

And here's how it's going to work: I am going to find a way to make it work, and when those guys one day ask us a favor that The Man come in on a Saturday or something, to help out, or do a longer day because something really needs finishing, then I am going to say to them that sorry, fellas, but you'll need to find someone else to do you these favors because I'm not f*ckin' doing any, so if The Man was supposed to spend his Saturday with me, cuddling or relaxing or whatever, then that's what he is going to do and you'll just need to suck it up, darlings, so go find another doormat, thank you very much.

And meanwhile, I'll just keep on climbing this logistical mountain and when I am one day sorted with this keep-calling-people-and-asking-for-help, I am going to throw one helluva party and I am going to drown everyone near and dear to me in chocolate as a thank you note for all the help that I have been receiving through this bullsh*t time and I am going to look back on it and think... I don't actually know what I am going to think, but it's definitely not going to be anything along the lines of thank you, The Man's employers, you are such generous, wonderful people.

A$$holes.

Alright, end of rant. Amen.

PS. Ever wondered what a taxi costs from here to town? Well, I did, too - until yesterday.

$80. One way.

Ahem!

1 comment:

  1. I feel so sorry for you! I would give you a ride if I weren't a world away. It really seems to be a time to open classifieds and if possible, then leave with the shortest notice possible at the most unconvenient time for those a$$holes saying smth similar along the lines. I've been on the employer's side for years. I know it isn't at all hard to be flexible. Big hug!

    ReplyDelete