I choose to

The most important thing I have ever learned is, I can do anything.

There is no right or wrong, no ten commandments, no universal plan - there's only me and what I choose to do with my life.

I am not determined by where I come from - it influences me greatly, it does everyone, but it doesn't determine where I go to. Like, I did not have a grandfather who sold tomatoes from the back of his pick-up truck (see Blake Shelton's "My neck of the woods" if the reference is somewhat confusing), but it doesn't mean that I can't - if I chose so - trek up our hill in gumboots and torn jeans and find a way to run a farm.

I don't - you know, want to - but I could, if I chose to.

It's something I lose every now and again when the going is tough, but in times of strength I re-find that  knowledge. It helps me filter out "I choose to" from "they want me to".

It helps me to boost my confidence and blare country music in the kitchen at 7 o'clock in the morning. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment