Dinosaurs at 5 o'clock in the morning

If it hadn't been 5 o'clock in the morning I would've thought it even funnier, but...

The Kid loves dinosaurs. He has a whole array of plastic ones he carries around the house making dinosaur "noises", "Grhaaaaaah!"

Yesterday I put a new pair of pajama pants on him, and the fabric has a... dinosaur print on it. The Kid didn't notice at first, but I pointed the dinosaurs out to him, and then he went around the house, going, "Grhaaaaah!"

And now fast forward 5 o'clock this morning. Quiet house, distant "cockadoodledoo!" sounding from the direction of our chicken coop - like every morning - and then suddenly, from The Kid's room:

"Grhaaaaaah!"

I lie in bed, thinking, oh, you have got to be kidding me.

"Grhaaaaaah!"

Even The Man is awake. He yells out, "Go back to sleep!" Silence ensues, and then follows:

"Grhaaaaaah!"

And then I lay there, half pissed off at being awake at 5 in the morning and half amused that... The Kid is sitting up in his cot, looking at his new pajama pants and doing, "Grhaaaaaah!" at the dinosaurs.

Oh, the life of parenthood.

PS. Thank you for the many questions you've posted. I'll make some time in the next few days and write up my answers.

Some of the questions are actually quite interesting and amusing to think about - makes me go through my memories and think, why.

No comments:

Post a Comment