On sucking it up

Pregnant, meaning, no decongestants, no antihistamines, no cold relief, no nausea relief, no... nothing. Ginger tea, honey and they can "prescribe water to be squirted up the nose".

Yeah, thanks - water, I'll take that. Water will help me sleep past 3 am when I can't breathe through my nose any more and my throat is sore.

Basically, suck it up, sweetie.

***

Oh, sorry, I forgot: I am allowed vitamins. Folic acid and pyridoxine, ie B6 to be exact, to try and relieve sickness and do, well, other stuff that's good for the belly-person.

Man I'm good at this.

***

Am I still complaining? I am, ain't I...

Well, tough luck then.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. Salt, water and nasal douche actually really do wonders to get you breathing again. This is what I'm talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation . I would have not been part of Scandinavian record this year if not for this. And you know how blocked nose and skydiving don't fit together. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was allowed Alanase nasal spray when I was pregnant etc. It takes about 2 or 3 days to build up in your system, but once it does it's really effective for that hayfever. Check with your midwife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've actually been put on two doses of antihistamine now + steroid-based anticongestant because sleeping only 4-5 hours each day because of a stuffed nose, turns out, is worse =)

      and boy am i glad i'm allowed... i mean, it's not working yet (i've started the second prescription today, so it'll probably start kicking in this weekend), but at least i have this hope on horizon that one day, ONE DAY I'LL GET TO SLEEP AGAIN!

      basically, my gp said that totally safe drugs are classified "a" and the ones i have are "b1", meaning, they've been tested a lot less than "a" drugs, but as far as testing's been done, they are safe. i asked her if she would take them, if she had what i have, and she said yes, so here i am.

      Delete