Moments from the week gone past

I downloaded another batch of photos from the camera and smiled: I didn't remember taking most of these images, but when I saw them, I remembered. And smiled.

We're getting towards summer again - towards warm, green again.

Evening walks with The Dog: it's the moments my brain will
keep for much longer than we'll live in this house. I know it.

It's hard laying on grass when The Dog's around. Even harder taking pictures!

Antibiotics really are - miracle drugs. 24 hours later and the tabletop is building up
a collection of dinosaurs again. And he's sleeping!

And just because I really wanted to share this with you today: I've finally worked out a biscuit recipe that works, both for me and for ingredients we usually keep in this house.

And they turn out - simply turn out! I mix the ingredients, I roll the cookies, I put them in the oven, I take them out and... they taste good. Every week, they taste good.

And some of you might think, how difficult can it get being a mixture of sugar, butter, oats, flour and little else? But for months I'd been making cookies which in recipe collections promised me gardens of beauty and joy and in reality were rocky little outcrops of sand dunes, and now finally I've got it: I can bake cookies.

I can bake cookies!


400 ml wholegrain oats (approx 2 cups)
3 eggs
1/2 cup white flour
1 cup brown flour
120 g butter
200 ml brown sugar (approx 1 cup)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
200 ml rolled oats (approx 1 cup)
100 ml shredded coconut
2 teaspoons soda

Melt butter, mix it with wholegrain oats, let sit for half an hour. Then add and mix everything else, make cookie shaped blobs, stick in the oven at 175 degrees for 15 minutes. (If your husband is a chocolate addict, add melted chocolate on top.)

And that's it.

It works!

PS. And to Miriam and Claudia, thank you for sharing your recipes! I didn't end up settling on yours, but it did give me a basis for testing out and trying, and now I've got these, and I'm so grateful. And The Man - even more grateful! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment