The morning after

When it happens, this thing takes me out for a few days. It starts with tiredness in the evening, then I get a bad night of sleep because the clusters wake me up several times, and then the following day I'm tired not only because I had poor sleep but because I'm alert the whole day, paying attention to how I'm feeling so that as soon as I feel a wave coming on, I pause, and if I'm driving, I stop.

Several times now I've tried talking through the wave - just to see if I can - and I can't. I don't pass out, but I feel close to passing out; and I can't talk.

Today is the day after when I catch up on dishes that weren't done yesterday, and mostly just try to rest because I'm worn out.

I guess it's becoming part of my life now, isn't it. How "wonderful".

No comments:

Post a Comment