A dog

I was late to work today because I was trying to catch a dog that would've otherwise been hit by traffic. The thing was a bit mental, sprinting on a narrow windy road where retaining wall blocked the view and so there were several drivers hitting their brakes followed by screetches. At no point did I consider not stopping because if the dog had been mine, I would've wanted someone else to take the time and catch her and call the council..

It all worked out. We - me and another woman - caught it, I stuck it in my car, called the council, I then drove to work with the dog in the back of my car, stuck the dog in a kennel for whilst I was at work and then went and dropped it off to its owner afterwards.

He doesn't know how it had gotten out.

I guess what I'm saying is, I did someone a favor and if I'm ever in a position where I need someone else to do me a favor, I hope it just gets passed on. And on. And on.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Sometimes we have to get involved, can't just turn around and ignore it, today must have been that day for both of us.

    ReplyDelete